A Tummy Tuck at Midas Touch Will Make You Look Slim and Trim.
A flat and well-toned stomach is something most of us strive for. But sometimes no matter how much you exercise your mid section protrudes, or the skin on your stomach is loose and sagging. The most common reasons for an unsightly mid section include:
• Great fluctuations in weight
• Prior surgeries
A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can give you the firm, smooth midsection that you want. It flattens your abdomen by removing extra fat and skin, and tightens the muscles in your abdominal wall.
A tummy tuck is helpful when:
• Losing weight has not helped.
• Skin and muscles sag and can't be improved with exercise.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your Midas Touch surgeon will meet with you to discuss your goals and perform a thorough medical exam.Â If you smoke you will be asked to quit at least two weeks prior to your surgery. You should be in the best health you can be before undergoing any type of surgery.
You may be asked to stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), warfarin (Coumadin), and other drugs that promote bleeding.
Right before your surgery you will be given a general anesthetic so you will go to sleep and be comfortable during your surgery. There are two ways a tummy tuck is performed:
• A complete abdominoplasty. An incision is made from one side of the lower abdomen to the other. The skin, tissue, and muscle are contoured to give your midsection a smooth, flat look.
• A mini abdominoplasty. This is for cases where the fat is located below the navel. In this case a medical device called an endoscope may be used where tiny cameras are inserted into the skin through very small cuts.
• You will experience pain and discomfort for several days after surgery. Your surgeon will prescribe a pain medication for your relief.
• When resting in bed it will help if you keep your legs and hips bent to reduce pressure on your abdomen.
• You will need to wear an elastic support garment (much like a girdle) for a few weeks while you heal.
• Avoid any strenuous activity for 4 to 6 weeks.
• Do not expose the area to sun, because it can worsen scars.
• Scarring should resolve within 3 to 6 months.
This will all be worth it when you see how flat and toned your abdomen is. Plus, your tummy tuck will last forever. You won't need to have repeat surgeries.
Don't spend another year suffering from an unsightly midsection.